What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Niacin ER 500 Mg-Lovastatin 20 Mg Tablet,Extended Release 24H Mphase to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: POTENTIAL ADV EFFECT ON INFANT WITH LIPID ALTERING DOSE, MFG DOES NOT REC
- Absolute Contraindication: CONTRAINDICATED PER MFR;EXCRETED IN RAT STUDIES,POTENTIAL SEV ADVERSE EFFECTS
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Higher incidence of myopathy or rhabdomyolysis particularly with renal disease. Use with caution for CLCr < 30mL/minute. Hepatic-Obtain LFTs before the initiation of treatment, at 6 and 12 weeks after initiation of therapy or elevation of dose, and periodically thereafter (e.g., semiannually).
Giving Niacin ER 500 Mg-Lovastatin 20 Mg Tablet,Extended Release 24H Mphase to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Manufacturer recommends post-menarche females be counseled on appropriate contraception. Monitor for myopathy, liver function.
- management or monitoring precaution: Not studied in prepubertal girls or patients less than 10 years of age.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.