Who should not take ?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- methemoglobinemia, a type of blood disorder
- myasthenia gravis, a skeletal muscle disorder
- partial heart block
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome
- severe heart block
- Adams-Stokes syndrome
- atrial fibrillation
- sinus bradycardia
- chronic heart failure
- decreased lung function
- liver problems
- a condition where the body is unable to maintain adequate blood flow called shock
- decreased oxygen in the tissues or blood
- decreased blood volume
- anemia from pyruvate kinase and G6PD deficiencies
- systemic lidocaine toxicity
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- diarrhea from an infection with Clostridium difficile bacteria
- a type of blood disorder where the red blood cells burst called hemolytic anemia
- disease of the gallbladder
- severe renal impairment
- yellowing of the skin in a newborn child
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Rocephin IM Convenience intramuscular?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.