What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering SODIUM SULFACETAMIDE-SULFUR Lotion Topical Sulfonamide Antimicrobials to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary: FDA RISK CATEGORY C IN COMBINATION PRODUCTS
- Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: ABSORP UNKNOWN;KERNICTERUS RISK IN NEWBORN;SULFAS NOT REC IF G6PD DEF INFANT
- Precaution: INSUFF DATA; SYSTEMIC ABSORP W/ 25% CONC APPLIED TO ABRADED SKIN IN ANIMALS
If you are an adult over 60
Giving SODIUM SULFACETAMIDE-SULFUR Lotion Topical Sulfonamide Antimicrobials to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Topical preparations containing sulfur should not be used age < 2 years except under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Contraindication: Not recommended in infants under 2 months. May cause kernicterus.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.