Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) P. Broze
(3) Interactive Medical Media LLC
(4) David Davis © 2011 Photo Researchers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
(5) Interactive Medical Media LLC
(6) Interactive Medical Media LLC
(7) Dr. P. Marazzi / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(8) Dr. P. Marazzi / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(9) Interactive Medical Media LLC
(10) Ranald Mackechnie / Photonica
(11) Interactive Medical Media LLC
(12) ISM / Phototake
(13) Interactive Medical Media LLC
(14) Colorblind / Stone
AcneNet: "What Causes Acne?," "AcneNet Glossary," "Prescription Medications for Treating Acne," "Treating Severe Acne."
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases: "Q&A Acne." "What Is Acne?"
Gold, M. Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, April 2009; vol. 2: pp 40-44.
Jacoby, David B., and R. M. Youngson. Encyclopedia of Family Health. New York: Marshall Cavendish, 2004; pp 32.
O'Connor, Daniel P., and Fincher, A. Louise. Clinical Pathology for Athletic Trainers: Recognizing Systemic Disease. Thorofare, NJ: SLACK Incorporated, 2008; pp 300.
Reviewed by Debra Jaliman, MD on June 24, 2018
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.