This medication is used to treat earwax buildup. It helps to soften, loosen, and remove the earwax. Too much earwax can block the ear canal and reduce hearing. This medication releases oxygen and starts to foam when it comes in contact with the skin. The foaming helps break up and remove the earwax.
Consult your doctor before using this product in children younger than 12 years.
How to use Carbamide Peroxide Drops
This medication is for use only in the ear. Apply this medication into the ear, usually twice daily or as directed by your doctor. Do not use this medication for more than 4 days at a time unless your doctor instructs you to. Follow all directions on the product package. If you are uncertain about any of the information, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
To make sure that the right amount of medication is given, and to avoid touching the ear with the dropper, have another person give the drops if possible. To lower the risk of dizziness, hold the container in your hand for a few minutes to warm it.
To apply ear drops, wash your hands first. To avoid contamination, do not touch the dropper tip or let it touch your ear or any other surface. Lie on your side or tilt the affected ear upward. Hold the dropper directly over the ear and place 5 to 10 drops into the ear canal. To help the drops roll into the ear of an adult, hold the earlobe up and back. In children, hold the earlobe down and back. Keep the head tilted for several minutes or insert a soft cotton plug in the ear.
If there is any wax remaining after treatment, it may be removed by gently rinsing the ear with warm water or using an ear syringe with a soft rubber bulb. Consult your doctor or pharmacist about using an ear syringe safely.
Do not rinse the dropper. Replace the dropper cap after use.
If your condition persists after 4 days of use or if it worsens, or if you think you may have a serious medical problem, seek immediate medical attention.
Side effects usually do not occur with this product.
If your doctor has directed you to use this medication, remember that he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
In the US -
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or at www.fda.gov/medwatch.
In Canada - Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to Health Canada at 1-866-234-2345.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
If you have any of the following health problems, consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this product: other ear problems (e.g., ear drainage, infection, pain, rash, injury, recent ear surgery, hole/perforation in the eardrum), dizziness.
If you are using this product under your doctor's direction, your doctor or pharmacist may already be aware of possible drug interactions and may be monitoring you for them. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine before checking with your doctor or pharmacist first.
Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.
This medicine may be harmful if swallowed. If someone has overdosed and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, call 911. Otherwise, call a poison control center right away. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center.
Do not share this medication with others.
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.
Store at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat. Refer to storage information printed on the package. If you have any questions about storage, ask your pharmacist. Keep all drug products away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.Information last revised July 2016. Copyright(c) 2016 First Databank, Inc.
Sorry. No images are available for this medication.