What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering VALU-TAPP to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFF DATA AVAIL; MOLECULAR WT LOW ENOUGH FOR POSSIBLE BREASTMILK EXCRETION
- Precaution: NOT RECOMMENDED. MAY CAUSE PARADOXICAL EXCITATION/INHIBIT LACTATION.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Non-sedating agents preferred. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Do not use in pediatrics <6 years of age unless clinician consultation. Avoid using with underlying asthma. Risk of CNS excitation and respiratory depression.
- Severe Precaution: Possible CNS excitation, convulsions in newborns.
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Dimahist oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.