Who should not take THEOPHYLLINE IN 5% DEXTROSE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- overactive thyroid gland
- a condition with low thyroid hormone levels
- cystic fibrosis
- high blood pressure
- a heart attack
- angina, a type of chest pain
- cor pulmonale
- chronic heart failure
- fluid in the lungs
- an ulcer from too much stomach acid
- acute inflammation of the liver
- liver problems
- fever for many days
- a condition where the body is unable to maintain adequate blood flow called shock
- third trimester of pregnancy
- tobacco smoking
- stop smoking
- multiple organ failure
- chronic cannabis smoker
- an abnormally fast heartbeat
Are you currently using Theophylline In 5% Dextrose intravenous?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.