What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Beclovent/Beconase Refill Aerosol to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: CURRENT EVIDENCE SUPPORTS USE OF INHALED CORTICOSTEROIDS FOR ASTHMA TX IN PREG
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: MAY CAUSE ADVERSE EFFECTS IF EXCRETED. SYSTEMIC FORMS ARE EXCRETED.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Prolonged high dose increases risk of diabetes, osteoporosis
Giving Beclovent/Beconase Refill Aerosol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Not recommended age < 4 years. Growth velocity may be decreased in pediatrics
- management or monitoring precaution: Monitor growth. Velocity may be decreased. Rare reports of behavioral and psychiatric adverse effects, suicidal ideation.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.