Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children younger than 6 years. Keep this product out of the reach of children. If overdose does occur, seek immediate medical attention or call a poison control center.
This medication is a combination product of vitamins, iron, and fluoride. It is used in infants and children to treat or prevent deficiency due to poor diet or low levels of fluoride in drinking water and other sources. Vitamins are important building blocks of the body and help keep you in good health. Iron is an important mineral that the body needs to make red blood cells. Fluoride is used to prevent dental cavities.
How to use Poly-Vi-Flor with Iron oral
If your liquid is a suspension, shake the bottle well before each dose. Some brands of this medication should also be shaken well before each dose. Check your manufacturer's bottle for specific directions. Use a medication-measuring device to carefully measure the prescribed dose. Do not use a household spoon. The dose may be swallowed directly, added to a small amount of liquid, or mixed with a small amount of food, such as applesauce.
The fluoride in this liquid product can be absorbed directly into the teeth as you swallow it, as well as being absorbed into your body from your stomach. It is best not to eat, drink, or rinse your mouth for 30 minutes after taking this product.
This product is best taken at least 2 hours before or after taking any products containing calcium (including dairy foods such as milk/yogurt) or aluminum/magnesium (such as certain antacids/laxatives), since these may decrease its effectiveness.
This product should be taken regularly in order to get the most benefit form it. Do not take more than prescribed. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day.
You Might Also Like
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.