Who should not take K-TAB ER?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a condition where the adrenal glands produce less hormones called Addison's disease
- excess body acid
- high levels of potassium in the blood
- familial hyperkalemic periodic paralysis
- a high amount of chloride in the blood
- Thomsen disease
- complete heart block
- severe heart block
- compression of the esophagus
- stomach or intestinal ulcer
- stomach muscle paralysis and decreased function
- blockage of the stomach or intestine
- decreased kidney function
- severe burn
- inflammation of the epiglottis
- problems with food passing through the esophagus
- cessation of urine production
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using K-Tab ER?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.