What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering ARIPIPRAZOLE to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGG SMALL AMOUNTS EXCRETED; CONSIDER MATERNAL TX VS INFANT RISK
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Higher risk of tardive dyskinesia. CNS effects; sedation, cognitive impairment and increased fall risk. Avoid use for behavioral problems of dementia or delirium unless failed nonpharmacological options. Increased risk of death when used with senile dementia. Cardiovascular-May cause orthostatic hypotension. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Risk of weight gain, glucose, lipid abnormalities. Possible increased suicidal ideation. Safety and efficacy not established age< 6 years.
- Severe Precaution: Higher risk of somnolence, akathisia, extrapyramidal reaction, salivary hypersecretion, possible suicidal ideation. Monitor for weight gain, blood glucose abnormalities, lipid abnormalities.
- Severe Precaution: Higher risk of somnolence, akathisia, extrapyramidal reaction, salivary hypersecretion, possible suicidal ideation. May cause weight gain, blood glucose abnormalities, lipid abnormalities. Safety and efficacy of tablet with sensor not established for pediatric patients.
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using aripiprazole?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.