What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Certuss-D to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary: ONLY AVAILABLE IN COMBINATION PRODUCTS THAT ARE ASSIGNED FDA CATEGORY C.
- Only When Necessary: FDA C W/COMBO PROD; POSS RISK OF GASTROSCHISIS/SIA WITH 1ST TRIMESTER EXPOSURE
- Only When Necessary:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE.
- Precaution: MAY DECREASE MILK SUPPLY, AND CAUSE IRRITABILITY
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Elderly are more sensitive to tachycardia and hypertensive effects. May exacerbate symptomatic coronary insufficiency. Genitourinary-May cause urinary retention. Neuro/Psych-May worsen cognitive impairment in some elderly with dementia. Insomnia risk.
Giving Certuss-D to a child under 12
- Contraindication: Risk of CNS effects. Not recommended age < 6 years unless clinician consult.
- management or monitoring precaution: Consult clinician for use in pediatrics age < 12 years.
- Contraindication: High risk of adverse CNS effects. Not recommended for use age < 6 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.