What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Pazo Hemorrhoidal Ointment to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: REPORTS OF INFANT METHEMOGLOBINEMIA AFTER INGESTION OF TOPICAL BENZOCAINE
- Precaution: IRRITABILITY, EXCESSIVE CRYING DOCUMENTED IN INFANTS.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Elderly are more sensitive to cardiovascular effects. Neuro/Psych-Risk of insomnia, confusion. Elderly may have increased sensitivity to CNS effects. Renal-May need to adjust dose with decreased renal function. Urogenital- Risk for urinary retention. Caution with prostatic hypertrophy.
Giving Pazo Hemorrhoidal Ointment to a child under 12
- Contraindication: Do not use in pediatrics <6 years of age unless clinician consultation.
- Severe Precaution: Safety and effectiveness in pediatrics not established.
- Severe Precaution: Increased risk for developing methemoglobinemia. Consult clinician for use age < 2 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.