Epilepsy News & Features
ADHD and Epilepsy in Adults: What to Know
- Whole-Plant Cannabis Linked to Reduction in Seizures
December 29, 2021 — Early research suggests whole-plant cannabis is linked to a significant reduction in seizures in children with severe treatment-resistant epilepsy.
- Do I Need an Epilepsy Specialist?
Find out how specialists called neurologists and epileptologists can help diagnose and treat your epilepsy seizures.
- Is a Clinical Trial for Epilepsy Right for You?
Find out whether you should consider joining a study that tests new drugs and devices to treat seizures from epilepsy.
- My WebMD: A Teen Copes with Epilepsy
This accomplished student used to be afraid to tell people she has epilepsy, but now encourages kids with the condition to let others know.
- Actor Greg Grunberg Steps Up for Epilepsy
Learn how actor Greg Gunberg is helping find a cure for epilepsy.
- How to Find the Right Epilepsy Medication
In the past 20 years, the number of epilepsy drugs available has more than doubled. Learn how to find the right epilepsy medication for controlling your seizures.
- Tip Sheet: Avoiding Epilepsy Drug Interactions
Many epilepsy drugs interact with each other, with over-the-counter medicines, and with other prescription drugs. Here's how to avoid potentially harmful drug interactions.
- How to Handle a Chronic Illness at Work
Whether it's epilepsy or peanut allergies here are some tips on who to tell, what your employer needs to know, and what people should do in case of an emergency.
- Is Your Medication Working Overtime?
Many medications on the market today are prescribed for one condition but have been found to help others as well. Is your drug doing double duty?