1. When to Seek Immediate Medical Help
See a health care provider or go to a hospital emergency room if:
2. Treat Symptoms
3. Provide Rest and Support
- The person should wear supportive underwear.
- The person should avoid strenuous activity.
4. Follow Up
- See a health care provider as soon as possible for mild pain.
- The healthcare provider will examine the scrotum and testicles and may order blood and urine tests to check for infection. They may also check for infection using a urethral swab or scrotal doppler ultrasound.
- Treatment will depend on what's causing the problem.