Men's Health News & Features
- Testosterone ‘Safe’ for Most Older Men with Low Testosterone
June 16, 2023 — FDA-mandated trial shows no increased risk for heart attacks or strokes when men with deficiency take testosterone.
- How Low Testosterone Affects Your ‘New Year, New Me’ Goals
February 1, 2022 — No matter how hard a man works to lose weight and build muscle mass, he may be fighting a losing battle with low testosterone.
- Penis Enlargement: Does It Work?
Are there any treatments that give you a bigger penis? Learn more about penis pumps, penis exercise, penis surgery, and other techniques that promise to enhance size.
- The Pros and Cons of Testosterone Therapy
Beginning in their mid-30s, men lose testosterone at an average of just under 2% per year. Testosterone replacement treatment (TRT)aims to boost those low levels.
- Stop Avoiding That Doctor’s Appointment
Stats from a national survey in 2019 reconfirm past findings about men’s unwillingness to make routine doctor visits.
- Male Body Image
In a 2019 study that included 7,000 young American men ages 18 to 24, more than one in five of them reported eating problems related to their desire for a muscle-bound body.
- Common Cancers in Men
For men, the top four cancers, after prostate cancer, are lung, colorectal, bladder, and melanoma, an oncologist says. Here's what men need to know.
- How Pushups Can Help Men's Hearts
A recent study, of men and pushups, strengthens the case that muscle-building promotes heart health. "Even if you can only do a little exercise, you get tremendous benefits," a fitness expert says.
- Looking to Make Big Weight Changes? Start Small
Have you resolved to lose weight? A dietitian suggests breaking your big weight loss goal into smaller, more realistic steps you can take to improve your quality of life.
- Sports Are Important to Keep You Fit, Active as You Age
Research shows that playing sports and exercising in midlife promotes activity as men age. The benefits of sports may also surpass those of gym-based exercise.
- Will Testosterone Rev You Up or Stall You Out?
Testosterone replacement therapy may not be the fountain of youth for aging men.
- Keep Testosterone in Balance
Do you have low T? If so, what can you do about it?
- 10 Questions With Jeff Daniels
"Dumb & Dumber" star Jeff Daniels talks about his career, his health philosophy, and the importance of family.
- ACL Tear: It Can Happen to Anyone
Torn ACL? Find out what lies ahead. Do you need surgery? What’s rehab like? Will your knee be the same?
- 10 Questions With Kevin Bacon
The actor opens up about his new movies Cop Car and Black Mass, his fitness routine, and how he de-stresses on the set.
- Seth Meyers, Night Rider
The TV host stays up late – and stays healthy, too.
- 10 Questions With LL Cool J
The rapper and actor talks about staying in shape, eating right, and the joy of lip syncing.
- 6 Simple Steps to Help You Lose That Gut
You’ve set your weight loss target, now learn the steps you need to take to get there.
- Easy Ways to Lower Your Blood Pressure
Lowering your blood pressure takes more than just eating less salt. Learn what's best to eat, drink, and other steps to take.
- Kitchen Switches to Tackle Your Cholesterol
Learn how to make smart choices that can have the biggest impact on your cholesterol levels.
- Get a Sharper Image: Grooming Tips for Guys
Botox for bros? Manscaping? From your hair to your teeth to your toes, learn how to get a major-league makeover.
- Yes, You Can Do That at Your Age
Don't let a few gray hairs slow you down! Learn how to workout with your changing metabolism.
- Train Like a Pro: Tips for the Weekend Athlete
Overdo it on the weekend? Learn what the pros do to bounce back from pulls, strains and sprains.
- Lose Your Love Handles
Eat like you’re 20 and your body might not thank you. Learn how to trim down without sacrificing the flavors you love.
- Every Guy’s Guide to Healing Your Knee Tendon
Los Angeles Angels Pitcher Garrett RIchards hit the field after a ruptured patellar tendon -- a rare injury for a baseball player. Learn about rehab and the long road back from this type of injury.
- How to Keep Your Competitive Edge at Work
How to use personal motivation, communication skills, and more to keep pushing your career forward.
- Crunch Time: 5 Ways to Power Through Stress
Don't let stress keep you from living the life you deserve. Find out how to keep a healthy balance between daily stress and positive thinking.
- Not Your Average Joe
Actor Joe Manganiello is proof there's no magic pill for fitness – just hard work.
- Top 10 Health Tips for Men
A men's health expert reveals the top 10 things you can do to improve your health, boost your sex life, and live better.
- The Lonely Guy: Why Isolation Is Unhealthy
Going it alone isn't always the best choice. Find out why strong social ties matter.
- Michael Strahan Tackles Life After the NFL
These days, 6-foot-5-inch, 240-pound Michael Strahan scares few people, and he likes it that way.
- Doctor Who? When Men Skimp on Physicals
It's probably time to schedule that checkup. Here's why.
- Q&A With Ricky Gervais
The comedian, actor, and producer opens up about his work, his fitness regime, and the perks of celebrity.
- Testosterone Therapy: Is It Safe?
Can testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) restore a man's youthful vigor? And is it risky for your heart? Here are five questions to ask your doctor if you think you may have low testosterone.
- Q&A With Johnny Galecki
'The Big Bang Theory' star Johnny Galecki talks about his best and worst health habits, his early days in 'Roseanne,' and why he thinks people should be nicer to themselves.
- Dads: Build Stronger Relationships With Your Kids
Want to be a better dad? Spend time with your kids – and other dads.
- You Asked! Expert Tips on Men's Products
Step up your game with our expert product picks and tips for men.
- Men: Listen More to Improve Your Relationship
Learn to open the lines of communication just by listening.
- Are You Destined to Get Your Parents' Illnesses?
With conditions like cancer, Alzheimer's, diabetes, and heart disease, your genes aren't always destiny. You can likely overcome your heredity and stay disease-free by making smarter health decisions.
- Neil Patrick Harris: Actor, Singer, Dad
The multitalented performer switches gears by trading Hollywood for Broadway and learning to make time for fatherhood.
- Peyronie’s Disease: When to See a Doctor
If you have a curved penis or a bent penis, find out when and why to see a doctor.
- Ask the Expert Q&A: Peyronie’s Disease
An expert answers your questions about your bent penis and what, if anything, you should do to treat it.
- Peyronie's Disease and Your Sex Life
If your penis is curved, what does Peyronie's disease mean for your sex life?
- Q&A With Terry Crews
The former pro-football player talks about his health, his acting, and his new book, "Manhood."
- The Man's Guide to Cosmetic Procedures
More and more men are opting for cosmetic procedures and plastic surgery. Here's what's popular.
- Dating and Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Don't let erectile dysfunction derail your dating life. Learn how to manage your ED and talk about it with a new partner.
- Smooth Moves for Shaving Your Head
If you're deciding whether to shave your head, here are some things to consider.
- Men's Hair Products: What You Need, What You Don't
If your idea of men's hair care is shampoo and a brush, find out what products you need to get the look you want -- and how to use them.
- Single Dads: How to Balance Work and Kids
Dads, are you juggling work and the kids by yourself? Check out these tips.