Healthy Seniors Medical Reference
- Caring for a Loved One With Memory Loss
As your loved one reaches their 70s or 80s, you may see changes in their thinking and behavior. Learn how to meet the challenges and plan for the future.
- How to Use the Apple Watch Fall Detection Feature
Apple Watch now offers Fall Detection. Learn how it works, how to set it up, and how accurate it is.
- What to Know About Grab Bars
Learn more about different types of grab bars, how they make a home more accessible, and why you might want to install one in your bathroom.
- What to Know About Cell Phones for Seniors
Cell phones for seniors have features that make using them easier and more helpful. But, finding the right one takes some consideration, from their benefits and drawbacks to their features and cell phone providers.
- What to Know About Raised Toilet Seats
Find out what you need to know about raised toilet seats, and discover if it’s the right piece of equipment for you.
- What to Know About Medical Alert Systems
Find out more about medical alert systems. These small, wearable buttons can save your loved one’s life if they fall while alone.
- What to Know About Patient Lifts
Why should you include a patient lift in your home? This easy and safe tool can help you to lift and transfer patients who can’t move on their own.
- What to Know About Life Insurance for Older People
Learn how to navigate life insurance for older people and choose the best plan for you.
- What to Know About Bath Chairs for Older People
What are bath and shower chairs, and how can they improve your life? Find out what you need to know to buy the safest bath chair for elderly use.
- What to Know About Transportation Services for Older People
Learn about transportation services for older people: when older people should stop driving and what senior transport services can help you or your loved ones.
- What to Know About Shower Chairs and Tub Benches
Find out what you need to know about shower chairs and tub benches. Discover the different types and how to choose the right one.
- What to Know About Bedside Commodes
Find out what you need to know about bedside commodes and their safe use. Learn how to keep them clean and hygienic.
- Is Social Security Taxable? What to Know
Find out if you have to pay taxes on your Social Security income.
- What Is the Otago Exercise Program?
Find out what you need to know about the Otago Exercise Program, including whether or not it may benefit you.
- What Is the "Stepping On" Program?
Find out what you need to know about the Stepping On program.
- What Is the Older Americans Act?
Find out what you need to know about the Older Americans Act and what safeguards it provides.
- What Is the Beers Criteria?
The Beers Criteria helps your doctor avoid potentially dangerous medicines and combinations. Learn about this tool’s use and being safe when taking medicines.
- What Is Gerontology?
Find out what you need to know about the medical specialty of gerontology.
- Cómo cuidar a un ser querido que está perdiendo la memoria
A medida que tu ser querido llega a los 70 años, es posible que notes cambios en su pensamiento y comportamiento. Aprende cómo enfrentar los desafíos.
- 5 preguntas comunes sobre los hogares para envejecientes
Encuentre las respuestas a preguntas comunes sobre la atención en los hogares para envejecientes.
- 5 Common Questions About Nursing Home Care
Get answers to common questions about nursing home care.
- What to Know About Senior Nutrition Programs
Learn more about senior nutrition programs and how they aim to help older adults on a fixed income have access to healthy food.
- How to Clean Your Hearing Aids
Find out how to clean hearing aids, including the best types of cleaning agents and what not to use.
- Apoaequorin: What You Need to Know
Apoaequorin, the main ingredient in Prevagen, is an over-the-counter dietary supplement that claims to improve mild memory loss linked to aging. Find out what's in it, what the possible side effects are, and more.
- How to Choose a Walker for Older Adults
Learn how to choose a walker for older adults by considering different styles, features, and more.
- What to Know About Multivitamins for Seniors
Find out what you need to know about multivitamins as an adult 65 or older, and discover the pros, cons, risks, and benefits.
- How Much Does Your Metabolism Slow Down as You Age?
Your metabolism slows down as you get older. Find out what to expect and when you should see your doctor.
- What to Know About the Keto Diet After 50
Learn about the keto diet, find out if it's a good option for people over 50, and understand the benefits and risks.
- Going Vegan After 50
Find out what you need to know about going vegan as an adult over 50, and discover the pros, cons, risks, and benefits.
- What to Know About Running After Fifty
Find out what you need to know about running as an adult over 50, and discover the risks and benefits.
- Working After Retirement
Learn about the benefits of working after retirement.
- Worst Carbs for Adults Over 50
Find out which carbs to cut back on when you’re over 50.
- Best Dynamic Stretches for Older Adults
Find out how dynamic stretches can help with strength, flexibility, balance, and endurance.
- Exercises to Avoid After 50
Find out which exercises you should avoid after 50 and what you can try instead.
- Best Exercise Equipment for Older People
Find out what exercise equipment can help older people stay in shape.
- Best Dogs for Seniors
Before you bring a new dog home, you should find out which breeds make the best pets for seniors.
- What to Know About Living Alone After 60
Living alone after 60 has its own unique set of challenges. Find out what you need to know about living alone after 60 to combat loneliness.
- What to Know About Liquid Vitamins After 60
Liquid vitamins are best for older adults. Find out what to expect and how to take them safely.
- Best Probiotic Strains for Older Adults
Find out which probiotic strains should be in your diet for optimum health in older adults.
- What to Know About Anxiety in Older Adults
Anxiety is common in older adults. Find out what to expect and ways to manage this condition.
- Which Area of the Brain Is Most Susceptible to Shrinkage as We Age?
Brain shrinkage is a normal part of the aging process. Find out what to expect and how you can maintain your brain health.
- What Happens to Your Heart as You Age?
Your heart changes as you get older. Find out what to expect and when you should see your doctor.
- What to Know About Fish Oil Dosage for Older Adults
Fish oil, when taken daily, has many health benefits but older adults have different nutritional needs. Find out how to take fish oil if you are older.
- What to Know About Dehydration in Older Adults
Find out what you need to know about dehydration as an adult over 60.
- The Most Common Cancers in Older Adults
Find out more about the cancers most common for older adults and what you need to know about them.
- Common Medications for Older Adults
Learn more about common medications for older adults and how to manage them.
- Health Issues in Older Adults
Learn more about the different types of health issues older adults may experience and how to care for your health as you age.
- What to Know About Getting the Pneumonia Vaccine When You’re Older
Find out what you need to know about getting the pneumonia vaccine as an older adult, and discover the pros, cons, risks, and benefits.
- What to Know About Intermittent Fasting for Women After 50
Find out what you need to know about intermittent fasting as an adult woman over 50, and discover the pros, cons, risks, and benefits.