Healthy Seniors Medical Reference
Estate alerta a estos 5 indicios de demencia
- Consejos para cuidadores: cómo proteger a los adultos mayores de los peligros
Cuidar a adultos mayores requiere mucha atención a los detalles. Aprenda a protegerlos de los peligros.
- Cuidados paliativos: cómo vivir bien con una enfermedad severa
Los cuidados paliativos van más allá de la transición al final de la vida. Aprenda cómo pueden mejorar la salud de los adultos mayores.
- Advice for Caregivers: Protecting Older Adults From Harm
Caregiving for older adults requires a lot of attention to detail. Learn how to protect them from harm.
- Palliative Care: Living Well With Serious Illness
There’s more to palliative care than end-of-life transitions. Learn how palliative care can improve health for older adults.
- 5 Signs of Dementia You Need to Know
Concerned that an older loved one is facing dementia? Learn the early warning signs.
- Practice Strength and Fitness at Any Age
Exercise is especially powerful for older people because it can prevent or delay age-related health issues. It’s never too late to start.
- What Does Primary Care for Older Adults Include?
Primary care doctors can help those 65 and older with all of their health care needs. Learn how they treat routine illness and manage ongoing conditions like diabetes.
- Choosing Between a Geriatrician and a Traditional PCP
The choice between a traditional PCP and a geriatrician usually comes down to the complexity and severity of your health concerns.
- PCPs Help Patients Manage Chronic Conditions
Primary care physicians can play a vital role in helping older adults manage chronic and complex health conditions.
- Why All Older Adults Need a Primary Care Doctor
A primary care doctor who knows your health care needs can identify problems early, help manage chronic conditions, and make sure you get all the resources that are available.
- Caregiver Tips: Primary Care for Older Adults
If you’re a caregiver for an older adult, there are many things you can do so that you and your loved one both get the best care possible.
- Secretos para una buena salud en la tercera edad
¿Quieres vivir una vida larga, feliz y relativamente saludable? Entonces debes cuidar tu cuerpo, mente y espíritu. Echa un vistazo a estos secretos para envejecer bien que son respaldados por la ciencia.
- Cambios en los cuidados de salud después de los 70
Tus necesidades de atención médica cambian luego de cumplir los 70 años. Aprende qué debes esperar y cómo tu médico puede ayudarte.
- Cinco maneras en que los adultos mayores pueden recibir atención de salud apropiada para su edad
Cuando se trata de los adultos mayores, ha habido un cambio en la manera en que se les brinda tratamiento. Los médicos y enfermeros deben enfocarse en lo que es prioritario para usted, y no en sus problemas de salud.
- What to Know About Senior Centers
Senior centers allow older adults to build community in an engaging setting. Learn more about senior centers, their benefits, and if they might be suitable for you or your loved one.
- Caring for a Loved One With Memory Loss
As your loved one reaches their 70s or 80s, you may see changes in their thinking and behavior. Learn how to meet the challenges and plan for the future.
- How to Use the Apple Watch Fall Detection Feature
Apple Watch now offers Fall Detection. Learn how it works, how to set it up, and how accurate it is.
- What to Know About Raised Toilet Seats
Find out what you need to know about raised toilet seats, and discover if it’s the right piece of equipment for you.
- What to Know About Life Insurance for Older People
Learn how to navigate life insurance for older people and choose the best plan for you.
- What to Know About Transportation Services for Older People
Learn about transportation services for older people: when older people should stop driving and what senior transport services can help you or your loved ones.
- What to Know About Bath Chairs for Older People
What are bath and shower chairs, and how can they improve your life? Find out what you need to know to buy the safest bath chair for elderly use.
- What to Know About Shower Chairs and Tub Benches
Find out what you need to know about shower chairs and tub benches. Discover the different types and how to choose the right one.
- What to Know About Bedside Commodes
Find out what you need to know about bedside commodes and their safe use. Learn how to keep them clean and hygienic.
- Is Social Security Taxable? What to Know
Find out if you have to pay taxes on your Social Security income.
- What Is the Otago Exercise Program?
Find out what you need to know about the Otago Exercise Program, including whether or not it may benefit you.
- What Is the "Stepping On" Program?
Find out what you need to know about the Stepping On program.
- What Is the Older Americans Act?
Find out what you need to know about the Older Americans Act and what safeguards it provides.
- What Is the Beers Criteria?
The Beers Criteria helps your doctor avoid potentially dangerous medicines and combinations. Learn about this tool’s use and being safe when taking medicines.
- What Is Gerontology?
Find out what you need to know about the medical specialty of gerontology.
- 5 preguntas comunes sobre los hogares para envejecientes
Encuentre las respuestas a preguntas comunes sobre la atención en los hogares para envejecientes.
- Cómo cuidar a un ser querido que está perdiendo la memoria
A medida que tu ser querido llega a los 70 años, es posible que notes cambios en su pensamiento y comportamiento. Aprende cómo enfrentar los desafíos.
- 5 Common Questions About Nursing Home Care
Get answers to common questions about nursing home care.
- What to Know About Senior Nutrition Programs
Learn more about senior nutrition programs and how they aim to help older adults on a fixed income have access to healthy food.
- How to Clean Your Hearing Aids
Find out how to clean hearing aids, including the best types of cleaning agents and what not to use.
- Apoaequorin: What You Need to Know
Apoaequorin, the main ingredient in Prevagen, is an over-the-counter dietary supplement that claims to improve mild memory loss linked to aging. Find out what's in it, what the possible side effects are, and more.
- How to Choose a Walker for Older Adults
Learn how to choose a walker for older adults by considering different styles, features, and more.
- What to Know About Multivitamins for Seniors
Find out what you need to know about multivitamins as an adult 65 or older, and discover the pros, cons, risks, and benefits.
- Best Probiotic Strains for Older Adults
Find out which probiotic strains should be in your diet for optimum health in older adults.
- How Much Does Your Metabolism Slow Down as You Age?
Your metabolism slows down as you get older. Find out what to expect and when you should see your doctor.
- What to Know About the Keto Diet After 50
Learn about the keto diet, find out if it's a good option for people over 50, and understand the benefits and risks.
- Going Vegan After 50
Find out what you need to know about going vegan as an adult over 50, and discover the pros, cons, risks, and benefits.
- What to Know About Running After Fifty
Find out what you need to know about running as an adult over 50, and discover the risks and benefits.
- Working After Retirement
Learn about the benefits of working after retirement.
- Worst Carbs for Adults Over 50
Find out which carbs to cut back on when you’re over 50.
- Best Dynamic Stretches for Older Adults
Find out how dynamic stretches can help with strength, flexibility, balance, and endurance.
- Exercises to Avoid After 50
Find out which exercises you should avoid after 50 and what you can try instead.
- Best Exercise Equipment for Older People
Find out what exercise equipment can help older people stay in shape.
- Best Dogs for Seniors
Before you bring a new dog home, you should find out which breeds make the best pets for seniors.
- What to Know About Living Alone After 60
Living alone after 60 has its own unique set of challenges. Find out what you need to know about living alone after 60 to combat loneliness.