Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1) Tomwang112 / Thinkstock
2) sanjagrujic / Thinkstock
3) Pascal MARSEAUD / ISM
4) SIMON FRASER / RNC, NEWCASTLE / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY / Getty Images
5) Springer Medizin / Science Source
6) stockdevil / Thinkstock
7) miya227 / Thinkstock
8) Sophie Jacopin / Science Source
9) ChesiireCat / Thinkstock
10) DragonImages / Thinkstock
11) Medical Body Scans / Science Source
12) gpointstudio / Getty Images
13) Dr P. Marazzi / Science Source
14) Evan Oto / Science Source
National Institutes of Health.
American Heart Association.
American Stroke Association.
American Lung Association.
The Arthritis Foundation.
The Mayo Clinic.
The Osteoporosis Foundation.
The Pancreas Foundation.
The Cleveland Clinic.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Reviewed by Minesh Khatri, MD on November 19, 2020
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.