Ulcerative Colitis Slideshows
Managing Ulcerative Colitis Pain
- Travel Tips When You Have Ulcerative Colitis
You shouldn’t have to stay home with UC. Get travel-savvy with these tips.
- Malnutrition and UC: What to Know
Ulcerative colitis can strip your body of essential nutrients. Learn what can cause malnutrition in UC and how to help prevent it.
- Ulcerative Colitis Treatment: What’s New and Next?
Not all treatments for UC work for everyone. That’s why research is always underway to develop new treatments to better meet every patient’s needs.
- Natural Remedies to Prevent and Soothe Ulcerative Colitis Flares
Besides prescription and over-the-counter medications, are there natural ways to prevent and soothe UC flares?
- Special Diets for Ulcerative Colitis
No diet can cure ulcerative colitis or put you in remission, but some diets may help relieve symptoms, reduce inflammation, or help your medications work a little better.
- Life with a J-Pouch: What to Expect and How to Manage
Life with a J-pouch will take adjustment. Learn what to expect and how to manage.
- 10 Ways to Manage Your Stress About UC
Discover the best ways to manage your stress when you have ulcerative colitis. Learn how techniques like yoga, meditation, and progressive muscle relaxation can help your UC symptoms.
- 10 Ways to Maintain an Active Social Life When You Have UC
Find out how you can remain socially active while managing ulcerative colitis.
- 10 Dietary Changes to Help Manage Your UC
Find out how to manage your UC by making changes to your diet.
- Nutritional Tips for Children and Teens with Ulcerative Colitis
The symptoms of UC make it challenging for kids to get the proper nutrients. Try these tactics to help your child avoid symptom flares and get what their growing bodies need.
- Celebrities With Ulcerative Colitis
Anybody can get ulcerative colitis. Here are some well-known people who were diagnosed with UC.
- How to Manage Your UC at Work
Don’t let UC get in the way of your job. Use these strategies to help you take care of your health and feel more comfortable while you’re at work.
- How to Follow a Low-Residue Diet
You doctor may recommend a low-residue (or low-fiber) diet if your digestive system needs a break. We explain which foods to avoid and which ones are OK.
- Guide to Ulcerative Colitis
Severe cramping and diarrhea? Learn more about ulcerative colitis symptoms, causes, medicines, trigger foods, and coping tips in this slideshow on UC.
- Ulcerative Colitis Diet Tips and Mistakes
See how diet can affect your ulcerative colitis. Learn what foods can aggravate it and how to get the nutrition you need.
- Slideshow: Ulcerative Colitis Surgery -- What to Expect
See the different surgeries used to treat ulcerative colitis. Learn when it may be needed, what is involved, and possible complications and benefits.
- What to Do When Ulcerative Colitis Flares
Get tips to help soothe ulcerative colitis flares, from diarrhea to pain and fatigue. Learn how to fight back with medication, diet, and more.