Some medicines make it more likely that you will develop a specific type of kidney stone.
Medicines that make you more likely to develop calcium stones include:
- Loop diuretics, such as furosemide and acetazolamide.
- Some antacids.
- Glucocorticoids, such as dexamethasone.
Uric acid stones
Medicines that make you more likely to develop uric acid stones include:
- Thiazides, such as hydrochlorothiazide.
- Aspirin products (salicylates).
- Gout medicine, such as probenecid.
Medicines that actually make stones
Some medicines will result in your body making kidney stones. These include: