Migraines Headaches Features
Giving Yourself Grace When You're a 'Bad' Migraine Patient
- Being Intentional About Your Mental Health and Migraines
Migraines can be occasional and unpredictable and chronic and long-term. After dealing with pain for a while, it can start to impact your mental and emotional health. A renewed focus on your mental well-being may help.
- Cultivate Serenity: Gardening for Migraine Relief
If you love playing in the dirt, you might be happy to hear there are herbs that may help your migraine. Check out these herbal remedies – some as old as time – that may provide relief from pain using plants.
- Managing Migraine With the Right Recipe of Diet and Exercise
“I’m starting to understand the relationship between food and my body,” says WebMD migraine blogger Michele Jordan.
- Stopping Migraines From Becoming a 'Thief of Joy'
For Michele Jordan, one of WebMD’s migraine bloggers, some of her favorite things – flowers and perfume – trigger her migraines. She didn’t let that stop her from enjoying her favorite scents on a recent trip to Paris.
- Managing Your Migraine When It's Triggered by Things You Love
Over the course of 30 years, Michele Jordan’s learned some important lessons on dealing with this often debilitating condition.
- To All the Migraine 'Cures' I’ve Loved Before
It’s understandable to want to do whatever it takes to make migraines stop. But some home remedies are better ideas than others.
- Ketamine for Migraine: One Person’s Journey
Ketamine is not FDA-approved to treat migraine, but it shows some promise in some people. Read one person’s story.
- When Your Migraine Pain Is Dismissed
A migraine diagnosis is a key part of your treatment plan. Here’s what to do if your doctor isn’t taking your pain seriously.
- Quick-Acting Migraine Medication: What to Know
Learn which drugs may ease your pain ASAP when a migraine hits.
- What to Expect When Taking OTC Supplements for Migraines
Find out what you can expect when taking OTC supplements for migraines.
- Tell Us About How You Figured Out the Cause of Your Migraines
We want to know how you found the cause of your migraines. Or if you’re still searching for the cause, what are your strategies?
- What Do You Do When Your Doctor Dismisses Your Symptoms?
Has your doctor dismissed your symptoms? Share how you deal with your doctor not taking you seriously.
- How to Manage Migraine Guilt
Learn how you can manage migraine guilt with self care, grace, forgiveness, and stress reduction.
- Tell Us Your Strategies to Keep Functioning in the Midst of a Migraine
When a migraine attacks, how do you keep going? Share your strategies for managing migraine and moving forward.
- Stephen King Has Migraines, Too
Learn more about author Stephen King’s experience with migraines.
- Aspirin and Acetaminophen Based Drugs and Their Link to Tinnitus
Learn everything you need to know about aspirin, acetaminophen, and their link to tinnitus.
- Timing Your Migraine Medication for Maximum Benefit
Learn how to time your migraine medication to get the best results.
- How to Manage Neck Pain from Botox Treatment for Migraines
Learn how you can manage neck pain after Botox treatments for migraines and when to call the doctor.
- The Upside to Giving Up Alcohol and Sugar for Migraines
Giving up alcohol and sugar can have positive effects on your migraine headaches.
- What to Know About Migraine-Prevention Device Cefaly
Find out more about using Cefaly to prevent your migraines and what side effects to expect.
- Checklist for Tracking Migraines Against the Weather
Avoiding the weather is hard to do, but preparing for a potential upcoming migraine can help you mediate some of the pain.
- Chronic Migraines: What I’ve Learned
People with chronic migraine share coping strategies and their best advice for living with the condition.
- Chronic Migraine: How Treatment Helped Me
Here's how one woman found a combination of treatments, lifestyle changes, and therapy that worked for her.
- Managing Chronic Migraine in the Moment
A woman with chronic migraine explains the steps she takes to get relief.
- How I Got Control Over Chronic Migraine
While drugs can't always relieve the pain, the right attitude can work wonders to improve your quality of life.
- Chronic Migraine: The Future of Treatment
A headache expert explains how treatment innovations offer new ways to target chronic migraine.
- Chronic Migraine: A Day in the Life
How one woman manages pain and unpredictability from day to day.
- The Stigma of Chronic Migraine
Chronic migraine is a disabling condition that’s not your fault. Here's how to get others to understand that.
- Chronic Migraine: Speaking Up for Yourself
Learn why it's important to advocate for yourself when you’re living with chronic migraine.
- Learning to Live With Chronic Migraine
Find out how one man learned to deal with the uncertainties of his condition by reaching out to others.
- How to Prevent and Treat Cyclical Vomiting From Migraines
Find out how you can prevent and treat vomiting in cycles from migraines.
- Vestibular Migraines Explained
Everything you need to know about vestibular migraines.
- Do You Use Heat or Cold to Manage Your Migraine?
Does heat or cold work better for relieving your migraine? Answer this quick poll to get the conversation started.
- Ben Affleck Gets Migraines
Learn more about celebrities like Ben Affleck who have to deal with migraines.
- Can Meditating Help Resolve a Migraine?
Find out if meditating can help ease migraine pain.
- Hydrating to Prevent and Ease Migraines
Learn about the importance of hydrating to prevent and ease migraine symptoms.
- How to Manage When Your Child has a Migraine
Learn what you can do when your child has migraines.
- Erenumab Helps Convert Migraines From Chronic to Episodic
Learn everything you need to know about erenumab (aimovig), a drug that helps many people move from chronic to episodic migraines.
- The Upside of Migraines
Migraines may provide some evolutionary health benefits.
- 5 Tips for Keeping a Migraine Tracker
Use these tips to get the most helpful data from your migraine tracker.
- Do You Find It Hard to Tell Your Doctor That Your Migraine Medication Isn't Working?
Learn how to speak with your doctor about failed migraine treatments.
- Serena Williams Has Menstrual Migraines
Learn how migraines affect tennis champion Serena Williams during her monthly menstrual cycle.
- What Is Ubrelvy (Ubrogepant)?
Learn about migraine medication Ubrelvy and how it helps treat these painful headaches.
- Deep Breathing Through a Migraine
Learn how deep breaths and medication can control migraine pain.
- Getting Better Sleep to Manage Your Migraine
Find out how sleep affects your migraine symptoms.
- What It's Like to Use Nerivio, the New FDA-Approved Wireless Remote Neuromodulation Armband Device
Find out how the smartphone-controlled, electronic device Nerivio treats migraines.
- Having a Migraine Could Lower Your Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
If you suffer from migraines, you may be at a lower risk for Type 2 diabetes.
- Foods to Avoid When You Have a Migraine
Find out what foods you should avoid to keep migraine symptoms to a minimum.
- How Do You Explain That Your Migraine Is More Than “Just a Headache”?
How do you tell people about your migraines? Share your responses to people who compare your migraines to headaches.