Pain Management News
- Chronic Pain More Common Than Many Top U.S. Ailments
May 17, 2023 — A person’s risk of developing chronic pain is higher than the risk of developing some of the most common diseases in the U.S., such as diabetes, depression, or high blood pressure, a new study shows.
- Hypnosis Can Be Powerful Therapy – But Will It Work for You?
May 16, 2023 — More and more data backs up hypnotherapy as a treatment for pain, anxiety, and more. But would it work for you? Here’s what to know.
- Opioid Prescriptions From ER Visits Continue To Decline, CDC Says
January 23, 2023 — Significantly fewer patients are being prescribed opioids when being discharged from hospital emergency departments, according to new analysis from the CDC.
- CDC Releases Updated Draft Guidance on Opioid Prescribing
February 10, 2022 — The CDC has released an updated draft of its guidelines for prescribing opioids and is soliciting public comment before it moves forward with final recommendations.
- Checking Patient's Drug History May Help Curb Opioid Abuse
May 22, 2017 — Sharpest declines seen in states like New York with strict rules for doctors
- Tinier Surgical Instruments Can Reduce Post-Op Pain, Scars
April 2, 2000 — Operations that once meant a lengthy hospital stay, a long and painful recovery period, and permanent scarring may be less painful, virtually scar-free, and require much less time in a hospital bed, thanks to a new technique called needlescopic surgery.