Sexual Conditions Medical Reference
- What Is Congenital Syphilis?
Congenital syphilis happens when a baby gets syphilis from their mother. If untreated, it can cause severe health issues for your baby. Read more here.
- What Is Granuloma Inguinale (Donovanosis)?
What is Donovanosis? It’s a flesh-eating bacterial infection that is spread through sexual contact.
- What Is Desire Disorder?
If you’re distressed by a lack of libido and interest in sex, including even thinking about sex, it may be desire disorder. Also called HSDD, it can have physical or emotional causes, or be linked to your hormones or medications. Find out how your doctor or therapist can treat desire disorder so you’ll want to get back in the sack.
- How to Use a Finger Condom
Learn about finger condoms, including how they can help with cuts and how they’re used during sexual activities.
- What You Need to Know About Flavored Condoms
Learn everything you need to know about flavored condoms and how they may affect your health, including the pros and cons as well as the risks and benefits.
- What Is an RPR Test?
An RPR test is a screening for syphilis. Learn how it works, what to expect, and more.
- What Is Chancroid?
Chancroid is a sexually transmitted disease. Learn about the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for this condition today.
- What is mycoplasma genitalium?
- Why Do I Have a Rash on My Penis?
A rash… down there? It can happen. Find out why, and when you should see a doctor.
- Why Do I Have a Rash Near My Vagina?
Do you have a rash near your vagina? Find out what can cause the redness, bumps, or blisters.
- Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment: What to Know
Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is a common bacterial infection in the vagina. Luckily, it’s easily treated. This article explains your options.
Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease. Get the facts from WebMD about gonorrhea, including what causes it and how to prevent it.
- What Complications Can Gonorrhea Cause?
Gonorrhea is a common -- but easily curable -- sexually transmitted disease (STD). If you have it and aren’t treated, it could lead to a number of serious complications.
- How Do I Know If I Have Gonorrhea?
What are the signs and symptoms of gonorrhea? Learn what to look for and when to see a doctor.
- What's the Treatment for Gonorrhea?
If you think you or your partner has gonorrhea, get tested right away. It can be easily cured -- typically with just two types of antibiotics.
- Trichomoniasis (Trich)
Trichomoniasis is a very common STD. It's also very treatable. Learn more about what it is, how you could get it, and how to help prevent it.
- What's the Treatment for Trichomoniasis?
The good news with trichmoniasis is that it’s very treatable. Learn about treatment options, how well they work, and what to do if you’re pregnant.
- Trichomoniasis Symptoms
When you get trichomoniasis, it doesn’t exactly announce itself with a clear set of symptoms. Learn the signs and symptoms to look for, when to see your doctor, and what tests you might need.
- Antibiotic-Resistant STDs: FAQ
What can be done as gonorrhea, syphilis, and chlamydia cases rise and the sexually transmitted diseases become harder to treat because of antibiotic resistance?
- What Is Mycoplasma Genitalium?
What are the symptoms and treatment of the STD mycoplasma genitalium?
- Most Common STDs for Women and Men
The possibility of infections and diseases are as much a part of sex as the fun is. Recognizing the symptoms is a start, but you won't always notice chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes, and other STDs.
- Sexual Performance Anxiety
Learn more from WebMD about sexual performance anxiety and how it can affect your sex life.
- Understanding Male Sexual Problems -- Diagnosis and Treatment
- HPV and Pregnancy
Women who have HPV during pregnancy may worry that the virus can harm their unborn child. But in most cases, the human papillomavirus does not affect the developing baby. Learn more from WebMD.
- Sexual Problems in Women
Learn more from WebMD about female sexual problems, including causes, and treatments.
- Ejaculation Disorders in Men
Ejaculation disorders are common sexual problems in men. Find out more.
- Sexual Desire Problems -- What You Can Do
WebMD gives you suggestions for solving sexual problems with your partner with a little openness and creativity.
- Sex Therapy & Other Counseling
Couples facing challenges in the bedroom may want to consider some form of sex therapy.
- Retrograde Ejaculation
Retrograde ejaculation refers to the entry of semen into the bladder instead of going out through the urethra during ejaculation.
- Women's Sexual Problems
- Treatment for Painful Intercourse in Women
WebMD explains the possible causes and treatment of painful intercourse.
- Painful Sex in Women (Dyspareunia)
A look at problems that could cause pain during sex for women.
- Genital Itching
A look at what causes genital itching, including how to treat and prevent the discomfort that can occur in both men and women.
- Understanding Treatment for Sexually Transmitted Disease
WebMD provides an overview of sexually transmitted diseases, including how they are treated.
- Understanding Female Sexual Problems -- the Basics
WebMD explains sexual problems women may face -- and possible causes.
- Understanding Female Sexual Problems -- Prevention
- Understanding Female Sexual Problems -- Symptoms
A look at paraphilias -- such as pedophilia, voyeurism, and exhibitionism -- and how to deal with these uncontrolled sexual impulses.
- Understanding Trichomoniasis -- the Basics
- Understanding Trichomoniasis -- Diagnosis and Treatment
- Understanding Trichomoniasis -- Symptoms