Sexual Conditions News
Maternal Syphilis Rates, Risk for Babies Spike Higher, CDC Says
- New at-Home Test Approved for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea
November 16, 2023 — People who want to be tested for the sexually transmitted diseases chlamydia and gonorrhea are now able to do so without leaving their homes.
- CDC Recommends ‘Morning-After Pill’ Antibiotic Against STDs
October 31, 2023 — U.S. health officials want the nation’s health care providers to consider prescribing a common antibiotic to gay and bisexual men for use as a morning-after pill to prevent common sexually transmitted diseases.
- As U.S. Syphilis Cases Rise, Those at the Epicenter Scramble
September 21, 2023 — It was just a routine checkup -- or so she thought. One woman’s syphilis scare mirrors thousands of others amid a syphilis outbreak in the U.S., with Houston at the epicenter.
- U.S. Syphilis Cases Reach 70-Year High
April 12, 2023 — Cases of the sexually transmitted disease syphilis soared in 2021 to the highest total in more than 70 years, a new report says.
- U.S. STD Cases Totaled 2.5 Million in Pandemic’s Second Year
March 16, 2023 — Sexually transmitted disease cases rose in the second year of the pandemic, including a startling 49% jump in syphilis cases among women, according to preliminary data from the CDC.