IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
- Jerome Tisne / Photographer’s Choice
- Getty Images
- Angela Wyant / Riser
- Philip and Karen Smith / Photodisc
- Snap Decision / Workbook Stock; Tetra Images
- Scientifica / Visuals Unlimited, Inc.
- Picturenet / Blend Images
- Hill Street Studios / Blend Images
- Patrik Giardino / Blend Images
- Alex Cao / Photodisc
Laura Bissessar, professional makeup artist, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
Jonette Keri, MD, PhD, associate professor of dermatology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine; chief of dermatology, Miami VA Hospital.
AcneNet: "7 Acne Skin Care Taboos," "Treating Severe Acne," "Frequently Asked Questions About Acne," "Acne Treatment Available Without a Prescription," "AcneNet Glossary," "Prescription Medications for Treating Acne."
Russell, J. American Family Physician, Jan. 15, 2000; vol 61: pp 357-366.
Nation Women's Health Information Center: "Acne."
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise: "Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) - Topic Overview."
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine: "Herbs at a Glance: Tea Tree Oil."
O'Connor, Daniel P., and Fincher, A. Louise. Clinical Pathology for Athletic Trainers: Recognizing Systemic Disease. Thorofare, NJ: SLACK Incorporated, 2008; p. 300.