Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Alain Schroeder / Getty
(2) Betsie Van der Meer / Getty
(3) Image Source / Getty
(4) Digital Vision / Getty
(5) Jupiterimages / Getty
(6) Purestock / Getty
(7) Steve Pomberg / WebMD
(8) "Color Atlas of Cosmetic Dermatology"; Marc R. Avram, Sandy Tsao, Zeina Tannous, Mathew M. Avram; Copyright 2007 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
(9) 3D4Medical.com / Getty
(10) Purestock / Getty
(11) Thomas Hoeffgen / Getty
(12) "Color Atlas of Cosmetic Dermatology"; Marc R. Avram, Sandy Tsao, Zeina Tannous, Mathew M. Avram; Copyright 2007 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
(13) DK Stock / David Deas / Getty
(14) Dave and Les Jacobs / Blend / Getty
American Academy of Dermatology.
American Hair Loss Association.
American Osteopathic Association.
American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Mosley, J.G. British Medical Journal, 1996.
Su, L. Archives of Dermatology, 2007.
Reviewed by Stephanie S. Gardner, MD on November 16, 2018
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.