Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1) Letizia McCall / Taxi, Interactive Medical Media LLC
2) Steve Gschmeissner / Photo Researchers, Inc., Interactive Medical Media LLC
3) Amanda Koster Productions / Photodisc, Interactive Medical Media LLC
4) STOCK4B / Getty, Interactive Medical Media LLC
5) Joseph Marranca / First Light Photographers, Interactive Medical Media LLC
6) Medioimages / Photodisc, Interactive Medical Media LLC
7) Dennis Kunkel Microscopy, Inc. / Phototake, Interactive Medical Media LLC
8) John Foxx / Stockbyte, Interactive Medical Media LLC
9) Image Source / Getty, Interactive Medical Media LLC
10) Ian Hooton / Science Photo Library, Interactive Medical Media LLC
National Psoriasis Foundation: "Causes of Psoriasis and Triggers."
Schmid-Ott G. British Journal of Dermatology, April 2009; vol 4: pp 782-785.
SouthCoastToday.com: "No link found between psoriasis and allergies."
Science Daily: "'Allergy Cells' Can Aggravate Cancer And Psoriasis."
UpToDate.com: "Epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis of psoriasis."
Tobin AM. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, August 2009; vol 34, issue 6: pp 698-701.
Jankovic S. Journal of Dermatology, June 2009; vol 36, issue 6: pp 328-34.
WebMD Medical Reference: "10 Ways to Prevent Flare-Ups."
American Academy of Dermatology: "Psoriasis Triggers."
National Psoriasis Foundation: "Causes of Psoriasis."
Wagar S. Canadian Medical Association Journal, July 7, 2009; vol 181, issue 1-2; pp 60.
Medical News Today: "Psoriasis Triggers."
The University of Wisconsin, Madison: "Primary Care Dermatology Module Nomenclature of Skin Lesions: KOEBNER PHENOMENON."
Fortes C. Archives of Dermatology, December 2005; vol 141; pp 1580-1584.
Herron M. Archives of Dermatology, December 2005; vol 141; pp 1527-1534.
Setty A. The American Journal of Medicine, November 2007; vol 141, issue 5: pp 601-606.
Psoriasis Society of Canada: "Education."
Murase JE. Archives of Dermatology, May 2005; vol 141, issue 5: pp 601-606.
Reviewed by Debra Jaliman, MD on February 04, 2021
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.