Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) CNRI / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(2) Bart's Medical Library / Phototake
(3) Steve Pomberg / WebMD
(5) Interactive Medical Media, LLC; Scott Camazine / Phototake; John Kaprielian / Photo Researchers
(6) Peggy Firth and Susan Gilbert for WebMD
(7) N. M. Hauprich / Photo Researchers, Inc
(8) N. M. Hauprich / Photo Researchers, Inc
(9) Hans Neleman / Stone
(10) Dr. P. Marazzi / Photo Researchers
(11) David Mack / Photo Researchers
(12) SPL / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(13) Steve Pomberg / WebMD
(14) Denis Felix / Stone
(15) Steve Pomberg / WebMD
(16) Getty Images
American Academy of Dermatology: "Lip and Mouth Care" and "Poison Ivy: Signs and Symptoms."
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: "Shingles: Signs & Symptoms;" "Shingles: Transmission;" "Shingles (Herpes Zoster): Prevention and Treatment;" "Shingles Vaccination: What You Need to Know;" "Shingrix Recommendations;" and "What Everybody Should Know about Zostavax."
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases: ""Shingles Symptoms," "Shingles Diagnosis," "Shingles Treatment."
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke: "Shingles: Hope Through Research."
Reviewed by Jennifer Robinson, MD on February 14, 2018
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.