Shingles Medical Reference
How to Treat Nerve Pain After Shingles
- What Are the Symptoms of Shingles?
Not sure whether you have shingles or another rash? Learn how to tell if your symptoms are shingles.
- Shingles: What You Should Know
Shingles is a rash with shooting pain. It usually shows up on just one side of your body. Learn more about shingles symptoms, causes, contagiousness, vaccine, diagnosis, and treatment.
- How Do I Know If I Have Shingles?
Do you have shingles or another type of rash? Learn how your doctor diagnoses shingles.
- Which Medications Treat and Prevent Shingles?
If you have shingles, your doctor can prescribe drugs that might shorten how long your outbreak lasts and treatments for your pain and itching.
- What Is Ramsay Hunt Syndrome?
Learn the symptoms, causes, and treatments for this rare condition, which can bring on paralysis in your face.
- Will My Shingles Come Back?
Most people only get shingles once. But you can get it again. Be prepared by taking steps to prevent it, or ease it if it does come back.
- Shingles: Are You Risking Nerve Pain?
Learn more from WebMD about treatment for postherpetic neuralgia, the pain that lingers after a shingles outbreak.
- Managing the Pain of Postherpetic Neuralgia
WebMD looks at managing postherpetic neuralgia, the nerve pain that often lingers after a shingles rash goes away.
- Understanding Shingles: Symptoms
Learn more from WebMD about shingles symptoms, including tips for when it's time to seek treatment.