Sleep Disorders News
Eating a Hearty Breakfast Can Ease Jet Lag Symptoms: Study
- For Older Adults, Best Sleep Temp is 70-74 Degrees: Study
September 15, 2023 — Older adults sleep best when the room temperature is 70 to 74 degrees, according to a recent study.
- Study Says One-Third of Americans Choose ‘Sleep Divorce’
July 13, 2023 — More than a third of Americans choose to sleep away from their partners in a “sleep divorce” to avoid common nighttime disruptions like snoring, insomnia, and differing alarm times, according to new research from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Sleepwalking and Insomnia: What’s the Connection?
May 9, 2023 — Is there a link between sleepwalking and the sleep disorder insomnia? Here's what to know.
- Sleep Apnea May Cause Cognitive Problems: Study
April 20, 2023 — Trouble with brain functions among people with sleep apnea were thought to be caused by other health issues such as obesity, high blood pressure, or diabetes.
- Bad Sleep Cuts Years Off Your Life, but Exercise Can Save You
April 11, 2023 — Sleep problems can raise the risk of heart disease and early death – unless you’re physically active.
- Have IBD and Insomnia? You’re Not Alone
March 16, 2023 — More than one-third of people with inflammatory bowel disease report trouble sleeping, with moderate or worse insomnia. And the more severe their insomnia, the worse the disability related to their IBD, a new study finds.
- More Sleep Boosts Vaccine Effectiveness: Study
March 14, 2023 — Compared to people who slept at least 7 hours, people who slept less than 6 hours in the days surrounding a vaccine shot generated significantly fewer antibodies.
- Sleeping Pills May Increase Dementia Risk: Study
March 3, 2023 — A new study has linked heavy use of sleeping medications to the development of dementia later on.
- Insomnia Increases Risk of Heart Attack: Study
March 1, 2023 — People with insomnia and those who slept only a few hours a night had a greater risk of heart attack than others, according to a new study.
- 18% of U.S. Adults Use Sleep Aids, Report Says
February 8, 2023 — Almost 1 in 5 American adults regularly use prescription or over-the-counter medicine to help them sleep, a new government report says.
- Getting More Daylight Could Mean Better Sleep at Night
December 22, 2022 — Falling asleep later and waking up later this time of year? You may need to reset your sleep/wake clock. Going outside to get more daylight exposure – especially in the morning – might help, new evidence suggests.
- Positive Sounds During REM Sleep May Help Nightmares
October 28, 2022 — People with nightmare disorder had a special sound played while they practiced reimagining their new positive dreams. Those who heard the sound reported significantly fewer nightmares.
- Weighted Blanket Coziness Promotes Sleep by Releasing Melatonin
October 6, 2022 — Feeling cozy and safe with the help of a weighted blanket may help promote sleep by releasing melatonin, a hormone associated with sleep.