Vitamins and Supplements News
Melatonin Use Among Children and Preteens Skyrockets
- Beware of Popular Online Liver Supplements, Doctors Say
November 2, 2023 — Like many supplements, popular online liver products are unregulated, meaning they do not have to meet the same safety and effectiveness standards as prescription medications.
- Buyer Beware: Study Finds Mislabeled Sports Supplements
July 21, 2023 — A new analysis of dietary supplements that claim to enhance sports performance or help with weight loss found that most didn’t contain the ingredient amounts listed on the label, and some contained substances banned by the FDA.
- As We Age, Multivitamins May Fill Nutrient Gaps
June 12, 2023 — Eating fruits and vegetables might not be enough to fill nutrition needs in older adults.
- Beware the Hidden Allergens in Nutritional Supplements
May 2, 2023 — An expert reviewed allergens that are found in popular supplements and that have been implicated in allergic reactions, including contact dermatitis.
- Most Adults, More Than 1 in 3 Kids Take Dietary Supplements: Report
April 18, 2023 — More than 1 in 3 children and nearly 3 in 5 adults take dietary supplements in the United States, a new report shows.