I have been taking creatine monohydrate for 2 months now. While I have taken the recommended dose (i.e., 5 grams a day, without loading phase), I have experienced great results (strength gain and no side effects). However, during that period, I decided to double my daily dose. Soon I started experiencing side effects: extreme fatigue (not attributable to dehydration)and cardiac arrhythmia (namely ...

Results aren't worth the mood swing nor the on sudden aggression.

4/15/2021

David Scruton | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
6/3/2020
Condition:

This is just a warning. I have used creatine on and off for 20 years with great success for athletic performance. But I was recently put on trazodone by my doctor. Creatine - any kind of creatine (mono/nitrate etc) blocks trazodone from working, if you're taking trazodone for sleep I found out. Instead of sending me to sleep trazodone routinely kept me awake with a blocked feeling in the gut that persisted for around 3 hours if I had taken creatine earlier that day. No creatine and trazodone works fine. It is not entirely clear what creatine is doing to the gut chemistry/properties but if you are taking other drugs please be aware creatine may stop them from working properly. I can only vouch for this with trazodone. Mirtazapine seems unaffected by creatine.

Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
1/24/2020
Condition:

5mg per day after exercising. Maintains muscle over 50 years of age.

andrea | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
9/23/2017
Condition:

Under HIV treatment since 12 Years , and 76 yo, this treatment is very effective .take 5 grams daily after body building traing. muscles increase like when i was 35 years old ..

Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
9/11/2017
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I have always been an athlete from high school and past college and regularly took creatine in 12 week on and off cycles. Minor gains in strength, not sure if the money was worth the gains. I began taking 5-10 grams/day about a year ago for an extended period of time (over a year) without cycling off. I began to experience extreme fatigue, lowered cardiac capacity, dizziness, and heart palpitations during workouts. Overall, the product is not worth the potential side effects for the minimal strength gains.