Hives: Home Treatment - Topic Overview
You may be able to relieve itching or
- Avoiding further contact with whatever you
suspect is causing the hives.
- Using a cool washcloth to help
- Not using strong soaps, detergents, and other
chemicals, which can make itching worse.
- Taking an
antihistamine, such as Benadryl or Chlor-Trimeton, to
help treat the hives and relieve itching.
- Read and follow any warnings on the label.
- Don't give antihistamines to your child unless you've checked with
the doctor first.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
April 29, 2011
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2013 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Hives: Home Treatment Topics