Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Scott Camazine / Photo Researchers, Inc
(2) ©2007 Interactive Medical Media LLC. All rights reserved.
(3) Photo courtesy of CDC
(4) Photo courtesy of CDC
(5) Photo courtesy of David O'Connor
(6) Photo courtesy of Vickie Rauh
(7) Photo courtesy of CDC
(8) A. Muraawski / National Geographic / Getty Images
(9) ©2007 Interactive Medical Media LLC. All rights reserved.
(10) Andy Crawford / Dorling Kindersley / Getty Images
(11) ©2007 Interactive Medical Media LLC. All rights reserved.
(12) Eric Delmar / iStockphoto
(13) Courtesy of JK Keller
Courtesy of Peter Stott
(14) James H. Robinson / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(15) ©2007 Matt Odom
(16) Dennis Kunkel Microscopy, Inc / Phototake -- All rights reserved.
(17) Photo courtesy of Ryan Archer
(18) Credit: Eye of Science / Photo Researchers, Inc
(19) ©2007 Interactive Medical Media LLC. All rights reserved.
(20) Photo courtesy of CDC
(21) Photo courtesy of Phil Pellitteri, University of Wisconsin
(22) Photo courtesy of CDC
(23) Photo courtesy of Armed Forces Pest Management Board
(24) Warren Brooks / iStockphoto
(25) Bryan Reynolds / Science Faction / Getty Images
(26) Photo courtesy of CDC
(27) Konrad Wothe / Minden Pictures / Getty Images
(28) Photo courtesy of Jinah Ibraheem
National Institutes of Health web site.
Hardin Library for the Health Sciences, University of Iowa web site.
Tennessee Department of Agriculture web site.
The University of Minnesota web site.
University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources web site.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention web site.
Texas A&M University Department of Entomology web site.
Missouri Department of Conservation: "Chiggers!"
Ohio State University, Extension Fact Sheet: "Chiggers."
University of Kentucky College of Agriculture, "Horse Flies and Deer Flies."
KidsHealth.Org, ""Bug Bites and Stings."
Reviewed by Hansa D. Bhargava, MD on April 04, 2018
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.