10 Questions to Ask Doctor About Epilepsy
Since you were recently diagnosed with epilepsy, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
- What type of epilepsy do I have?
- Am I likely to have more seizures if I don't get medication or other treatments?
- If I need medication, what side effects can I expect? What should I do when I notice these side effects?
- What should I do if I have another seizure?
- Is it safe for me to drive? If not, when will it be safe to start driving again?
- Is it safe for me to swim? Are there any other activities I should be cautious about participating in?
- Is it safe for me to drink alcohol?
- Could brain surgery be effective in stopping my seizures?
- What should I tell my friends, co-workers, and family members about this condition?
- What support organizations for epilepsy are in my area?