- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, toes pointing forward. Do not lock your knees.
- Place your hands on your back, palms at your waist.
- Lengthen up through your spine, all the way through the crown of your head.
- Keeping your legs straight, bend backward over your hands without arching your neck.
- Hold the pose for 1 to 2 seconds.
- Return to standing. Repeat 3 to 10 times.
Primary Medical ReviewerWilliam H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Specialist Medical ReviewerDavid Messenger, MD
Current as ofNovember 14, 2014