10 Questions to Ask Doctor About GERD
Since you’ve recently been diagnosed with GERD, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit:
- Is my case mild, moderate, or severe?
- Could medications I take be causing my GERD symptoms?
- If I have chest pain, how can I tell whether it's GERD or a heart problem?
- Are there foods or beverages I should avoid?
- Are there other lifestyle changes that might help my symptoms?
- Should I take medication? If so, do I need a prescription?
- What side effects could the medication cause?
- What should I do if the medication doesn't seem to help?
- Will I need any tests or examinations?
- What complications could occur if my GERD doesn't improve?