Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Jack Hollingsworth / Photodisc
(2) Original background image from 3D4Medical.com
(3) Original background image from 3D4Medical.com
(5) Wade / Digital Vision
(6) © ISM / Phototake -- All rights reserved.
(7) © Roy Morsch / CORBIS
(8) Brayden Knell / WebMD
(9) Richard Nowitz / National Geographic
(10) SambaPhoto / Tony Generico
(11) Image Source
(12) MIXA Co. Ltd.
(13) GSO Images / Photographer’s Choice
(14) Hill Street Studios / Blend Images
(15) fanelie rosier / istockphoto
(16) © Bryan F. Peterson / CORBIS
(17) Jupiter Images Unlimited
(18) Jon Feingrish/Blend Images
American Gastroenterological Association.
Cleveland Clinic web site.
Daniel Mausner, MD, section head of gastroenterology, Mercy Medical Center, Rockville Center, N.Y.
Deepa A. Vasudevan, MD, assistant professor of family medicine, University of Texas Medical School, Houston.
International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders.
National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse.
Robynne Chutkan, MD, founder, Digestive Center for Women, Chevy Chase, Md.; gastroenterologist, Georgetown Hospital, Washington, D.C.
Reviewed by William Blahd, MD on October 17, 2017
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.