Newly Diagnosed With Lupus: 10 Important Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Lupus
Since you’ve recently been diagnosed with lupus, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
- Could a drug or another condition be causing my symptoms?
- How will lupus affect me?
- What can I do to help control my symptoms?
- Do I need medicine for lupus? What are the side effects?
- How long will I need to take medicine?
- Will I always have lupus?
- Has the disease hurt my kidneys or other vital organs?
- Is it safe for me to become pregnant?
- How often should I have checkups?
- Are there alternative treatments for lupus?