Lupus News & Features
In Small Study, CAR-T Therapy Pushes Lupus Into Remission
- COVID Boosters Can Help People With Lupus
July 13, 2022 — A new study shows people with lupus who get a COVID booster shot after full vaccination are half as likely to experience a COVID infection afterward.
- Do You Have Other Relatives with Lupus?
July 11, 2022 — Learn some ways you can respond if you have relatives with lupus.
- Lupus and Additional Diagnosis. How Common, How Serious and Why?
July 11, 2022 — Learn more about lupus.
- New Blood Test Approved for Lupus Diagnosis
June 16, 2022 — The FDA has approved a new diagnostic blood test for lupus, which identifies the autoimmune disease by detecting a specific lupus-related antibody in people who are antinuclear antibody-negative, according to a recent update from the Lupus Foundation of America.
- Choosing the Best Sunscreen if You Have Lupus
June 9, 2022 — People with lupus need to be extra careful about protecting their skin from the sun. Find out what your skin needs.
- It Takes Two: How Couples Maintain Love and Intimacy When One of Them Has Lupus
May 26, 2022 — How Couples Maintain Love and Intimacy When One of Them Has Lupus
- Living With Lupus: ‘One Day, You Can Feel Fantastic, and the Next Day, You Can’t Move’
May 25, 2022 — Living with lupus is unpredictable, and you must learn how to adjust to a chronic illness.
- Chill Factor: How Lupus Patients Can Avoid the Anxiety of Cyberchondria
May 23, 2022 — Experts tell us how you can research lupus on your own – without freaking out.
- Support System: Three Sisters’ Nonprofit Champions ‘Lupus Warriors’
May 23, 2022 — Women tell their stories about lupus and seek understanding that is sometimes hard to find from co-workers, classmates, and friends.
- Scientists May Have Found Way to Improve Lupus Treatments
April 29, 2022 — Scientists who studied a young lupus patient found a gene mutation that may lead to the creation of better, more detailed treatments for the incurable autoimmune disease
- I Like to Decorate My Medical Equipment
November 28, 2021 — While standard medical equipment, such as a stethoscope, are everyday sights, other tools can startle people. That's why I decorate them.
- Toni Braxton has Lupus
November 28, 2021 — Toni Braxton was diagnosed with lupus during her residency in Las Vegas. Learn more about her condition here.
- What Do You Do to Connect With Others Who Have lupus Beyond This Group?
November 28, 2021 — A lupus support group is a great way to find people who you can relate to and learn from. Learn about some of the ways.
- Some Tips for Starting a Swim Program
November 28, 2021 — Do you want to start a swim program to reap the many benefits of swimming? Here is how to get started.
- Can Coconut Oil Help Manage Lupus?
November 28, 2021 — Coconut oil is one of the many home remedies people speculate can help manage lupus. How true is this? Let's discuss.
- Lupus-Related Fatigue
November 28, 2021 — People with lupus tend to feel extremely tired when they have a flare-up. Here is what you need to know about lupus-related fatigue and its management.
- Collect Your Thoughts on Building Your Daily Life Around Lupus
November 28, 2021 — Like other serious medical conditions, lupus also has a life-changing effect on a person. Learn how to build your life around it.
- Hydroxychloroquine and Lupus
November 27, 2021 — Everything you need to know about hydroxychloroquine, an antimalarial drug used to treat lupus.
- Lupus Symptom Checklist for Your Doctor's Appointment
November 27, 2021 — Before you head to your doctor's appointment, prepare a checklist of your lupus symptoms to get the most from your visit.
- Why You Should Avoid Garlic If You Have Lupus
November 27, 2021 — Learn the health reasons for avoiding garlic if you have lupus.
- Does Turmeric Help Manage Lupus?
November 27, 2021 — Find out whether turmeric is helpful in managing lupus symptoms.
- The Upside of Lupus
November 27, 2021 — Having lupus may help you get serious about switching to a healthy diet.
- How to Manage Mouth Sores
November 27, 2021 — Learn how to manage mouth sores with home remedies, alternative treatments, and prescription medication.
- Tell Us Your Makeup Tips For Lupus and Rosy Cheeks
November 27, 2021 — How do you put on makeup to cover up rosy cheeks from lupus? Answer a few quick questions to get the conversation started and share your story.
- Selena Gomez’s Lupus Journey
November 27, 2021 — Learn more about celebrity Selena Gomez’s lupus journey and kidney transplant.
- Corticosteroids Used for Lupus
November 27, 2021 — Everything you need to know about corticosteroids for treating lupus.
- How Does Coffee Impact Lupus?
November 27, 2021 — Learn three ways coffee impacts lupus and reduces disease activity.
- How to Manage Hair Loss From Lupus
November 27, 2021 — Learn how you can manage hair loss from lupus with preventative measures and improve scalp health.
- What to Expect Using Apple Cider Vinegar to Manage Lupus
November 27, 2021 — Find out what you can expect when using apple cider vinegar to manage your lupus symptoms.
- The Upside of How Lupus Makes You Think of Yourself
November 27, 2021 — Lupus is a lifelong disease that affects much of your life, but learning to live with this condition can give you new confidence and power.
- 4 Ways to Track How Lupus Is Affecting You
November 27, 2021 — Before you head to your next doctor's appointment, prepare to have a conversation about how your lupus symptoms are affecting your life with a Lupus Impact Tracker.
- What Do You Do About Weird, Unexplained Pains Out of Nowhere?
November 27, 2021 — What do you do about weird, unexplained pains out of nowhere? Answer a few quick questions to get the conversation started and share your story.
- Meet the Woman Walking to End Lupus
November 27, 2021 — Learn more about Lynnore Thames, how she found out she had lupus, and her decades-long journey.
- CAR T-Cell Immunotherapy Rids Woman of Tough-to-Treat Lupus
August 5, 2021 — Researchers have used genetically tweaked immune system cells to send a woman's severe lupus into remission.
- Experimental Treatment Offers New Hope Against Lupus
May 27, 2021 — A small, early "phase 1" trial finds an experimental antibody therapy may help ease skin symptoms from the autoimmune disease lupus.
- More Than 200,000 Americans Have Lupus
January 21, 2021 — A new study reveals how widespread the disease is in the United States.
- Teacher to Donate Kidney to Student's Mom
December 12, 2019 — A woman resigned to dialysis treatments three times a week gets a rare gift when a friend shows up at the hospital and asks, “Will you be my kidney sista?”
- More Active Lupus Linked to Childhood Events
May 10, 2019 — The greater the number of bad childhood experiences, the worse a patient's self-reported lupus activity, depression and overall health, a new study has found.
- Exercise May Stem Kidney Damage in Lupus Patients
September 19, 2017 — But stress may trigger the reverse, researchers report
- Lupus Hits Certain Groups Harder
September 11, 2017 — Studies find race, ethnicity, gender and even geography make a difference for this autoimmune disease
- Nick Cannon: A Warrior in the Fight Against Lupus
July 12, 2016 — He's changed his lifestyle, not his work ethic, to manage the autoimmune disorder.
- What Causes Lupus' Impact on Immune System?
March 8, 2016 — Certain cells seem to malfunction and create inflammation instead of fighting the disease, research say
- Test Predicts Pregnancy Risks for Women With Lupus
September 29, 2015 — As early as 12 weeks, checks can signal danger of complications for both mother and baby, study contends
- Pregnancy in Women With Controlled Lupus
June 22, 2015 — But blacks, Hispanics face greater odds of complications than whites, though reasons why are unclear
- Lupus Death Rates Vary by Race, Ethnicity: Study
January 15, 2015 — Asians, Hispanics most likely to survive the autoimmune disease
- Certain Symptoms Can Delay Lupus Diagnosis: Report
August 19, 2014 — Headache, seizures often lead doctors down the wrong path
- Lupus Patients Face High Rehospitalization Rates
August 11, 2014 — Drugs that suppress the immune system make it harder to fight infection, study says
- High Blood Pressure, Steroids May Worsen Lupus
November 4, 2013 — High blood pressure and steroid medication may worsen lupus, a chronic inflammatory disease that can affect the joints, skin, kidneys, lungs, nervous system and other organs.
- Many Lupus Patients Forgo Needed Medication: Study
October 26, 2013 — Drugs can reduce symptoms of autoimmune disease, ward off serious complications