Hip Fracture - Topic Overview
How can you prevent a hip fracture? continued...
You also need to be extra careful to prevent falls. Here are a few ways to make your home safer:
- Keep walkways clear of electrical cords and clutter.
- Be sure you have good lighting where you are
- Put grab bars and non-slip mats in showers and tubs.
It can also help to:
- Get your eyes checked on a regular basis.
- Exercise to help keep your strength and balance.
- Take medicines as directed. And from time to time, ask your primary care doctor to review your
medicines. Some medicines, such as sleeping pills or pain relievers, can increase
your risk of falling.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
May 07, 2013
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.