Cold and Flu Videos
- Tips to Ease Into Healthy Diet and Exercise Habits
A regular diet and exercise routine can help ward off anxiety, depression, and daily fatigue.
- Exercising with a Common Cold
Which symptoms should you not be afraid to sweat with? And which ones mean you should skip your workout?
- The Truth About the Flu
You may think you know everything there is to know about the flu, but make sure you’re on top of your game when it comes to this respiratory illness.
- Home Remedies for a Cold
There’s no cure for the common cold, but home remedies can help you feel better quicker. Learn what home remedies work and how to use them.
- Strep Throat: Common Symptoms of This Bacterial Infection
Strep throat is a contagious bacterial infection that mostly affects children. Learn more about the symptoms you might experience and what treatments exist.
- How to Make Hand Sanitizer
A step-by-step guide to make your own hand sanitizer when there’s a shortage.
- How to Cough and Sneeze to Avoid Spreading Germs
Use these guidelines to prevent the spread of germs if you are sick.
- Ways to Get More Fluids When You’re Sick
Think beyond water to replenish yourself after a cold or the flu leaves you dehydrated.
- The Dos and Don’ts of Easing a Sinus Infection
Remedies that may ease a sinus infection won’t relieve symptoms like facial pressure and stuffiness if you don’t avoid these common triggers.
- The Pulse: Test Your Cold and Flu Knowledge
Can you get the flu from a flu shot? Do you know how far a sneeze can travel? John Whyte, MD, hits the streets to quiz people on their cold and flu knowledge.
- Fast Facts About Pneumonia
This life-threatening lung infection sends people of all ages to the hospital every year. Learn what the most common causes are and lifestyle factors that may raise your risk.
- Tips to Travel Safely During Flu Season
You can’t completely avoid contact with the flu when you travel. Lower your odds of getting sick with these tips.
- Norovirus Symptoms and Treatments
What are the most common signs of norovirus? Can medication treat this contagious illness? Learn more about how to protect yourself during an outbreak and the typical recovery time.
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infections: Signs and Symptoms
Common signs of upper respiratory infections are coughing and sneezing, or a runny or congested nose.
- Tips to Stop the Spread of Flu Within Your Home
When one family member gets the flu, it’s crucial to find ways to protect others in the home from the virus.
- 4 Ways You're Making Your Cold Worse
If you can't seem to shake a lingering cold, these habits may be to blame.
- Ginger Tea for Cold and Flu Relief
Ginger tea helps ease congestion and soothe an upset stomach while keeping you hydrated.
- The Truth About the Flu Shot
Skeptical of whether flu shots are safe or worthwhile? Here’s what you should know.
- Best Foods to Help Fight the Flu
What you eat can help your body recover from the flu faster.
- What's Causing Your Persistent Cough?
It could be acid reflux, postnasal drip, even asthma. Watch to find out what's the cause of your stubborn cough.
- Cold vs. Flu
Cold and flu viruses share certain symptoms. Here’s how to tell the difference.
- Types of Coughs and What They Mean
Been hacking for weeks? Is your cough wet or dry? See what your answers could tell you about what's going on in your body.
- Home Remedies for Coughs
Check your kitchen cabinets. You may find just what you need to sooth your throat and help you feel better, faster.
- How to Soothe a Sore Throat
Try one of these remedies to ease symptoms brought on by a sore throat.
- 7 Ways to Avoid Getting Sick
Shoo, shoo, colds and flu! Here are 7 ways to keep those nasty bugs away.
- The Basics: Laryngitis
Lost your voice? Sound hoarse? Find out what’s to blame and how to get it back.
- The Basics: Flu Symptoms and Treatments
What early signs point to the flu, and when should you see a doctor?
- The Basics: Pneumonia
Pneumonia is an infection in your lungs, and it can be serious. See how it's treated.
- The Basics: Echinacea for Colds
Feel a cold coming on? Here’s why you should talk to your doctor before you pop some echinacea.
- The Basics: Sinus Infections
Stuffy, runny nose? Sinus pressure? It could be an infection. Here's how to tell and what to do about it.