Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) © Joshua Ets-Hokin / Corbis
(2) Creatas / Imagery / Photolibrary
(3) Barbara Henry / iStockphoto
(4) Ron Nickel / Index Stock Imagery / Photolibrary
(5) FoodCollection / Photolibrary
(6) Getty Images
(7) Getty Images
(8) Monkey Business Images Ltd / Photolibrary
(9) Gary White / StockFood Creative / Getty Images
(10) Ron Nickel / Index Stock Imagery / Photolibrary
(11) Mark Hayes / iStockphoto
(12) Image Source / Photolibrary
(13) FoodCollection / Photolibrary
(14) Getty Images
(15) Romilly Lockyer / The Image Bank / Getty Images
Yanovski, J. New England Journal of Medicine, March 23, 2000; vol 342: pp 861-867.
USDA Nutrient Data Laboratory.
Reviewed by Christine Mikstas, RD, LD on May 28, 2020
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.