Drugs and Medications Slideshows
Lifestyle Tips to Help Slow Recurring Vaginal Yeast Infection
- How to Support a Parent With Prostate Cancer
Your parent will have to take in a lot of information during and after a prostate cancer diagnosis. Learn how you can support them through it all.
- Managing the Anxiety of a Breast Cancer Diagnosis
It’s natural for a breast cancer diagnosis to cause anxiety. Here are steps you can take to help manage it.
- Protect Yourself From Infection During Breast Cancer: 10 Tips
When you are fighting cancer, your body is not as able to fight off germs. Learn how you can protect yourself from infection during this time.
- Adjusting to Body Changes After Breast Cancer Treatment
Breast cancer treatment changes you mentally, physically, and emotionally. Here’s what to expect and how to handle it.
- Tips to Boost Intimacy and Sex Life After Breast Cancer Treatment
Having and treating breast cancer may change your relationship with sex and intimacy. Here are ways to build both up post-treatment.
- HIV/AIDS and Your Lungs
HIV and AIDS raise your risk for certain conditions that affect your lungs. Learn more about tuberculosis, pneumonia, bronchitis, and more.
- HIV/AIDS and Oral Health
When you have HIV/AIDS, you’re at higher risk for oral health issues such as gum disease, thrush, and sores. Find out the most common mouth problems.
- Traveling With HIV/AIDS
Planning a trip? Take these precautions to prevent opportunistic infections when you travel.
- Reasons Your Viral Load Might Become Detectable (or Won’t)
Proper treatment can keep your HIV at undetectable levels. Find out what can affect your viral load.
- HIV and AIDS in Black Americans
Black Americans face HIV and AIDS at a higher rate than any other racial group. Learn about the things that influence this data and where to find support.
- Signs Your Eczema May Be Getting Worse
Noticing new or changing eczema symptoms? It could be a signal from your body that your condition is getting worse.
- Eczema in Older Adults: What You Should Know
Eczema symptoms may be a little different for older adults, and your response to treatment may change, too. Here’s what you should know.
- Lupus in Older Adults: What You Should Know
Lupus acts differently in the body as you age. Learn what to look for and how to take the best care of yourself.
- Tips for Caring for Yourself with PNH
Learn the lifestyle tips you can follow to care for your physical and mental health when you have paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH).
- Cómo empezar a hacer ejercicio si tienes diabetes tipo 2
El ejercicio es beneficioso para las personas con diabetes tipo 2. Si el ejercicio no te es fácil, lee estos consejos sobre cómo incorporarlo en tu rutina.
- High- and Low-Tech Tips to Make Life With Lupus Easier
Besides your meds, lupus requires a lot of self-care. Learn how to put tech to work for you to help make life with lupus easier.
- Signs Your Lupus May Be Getting Worse
Noticing new or changing lupus symptoms? It could be a signal from your body that your disease is getting worse.
- Tips for Kids and Teens with Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetes adds another layer to the challenges every parent faces. Learn how to keep your child safe and empower them to manage their own care.
- Supplements for Eczema: What You Should Know
You may need prescription medicine to keep your symptoms under control, but some people say they benefit from complementing their therapy with vitamins, herbs, and supplements.
- Focus on Your Quality of Life with Geographic Atrophy
A diagnosis of vision loss can be hard to process. These tips can help you find new ways to adjust.
- Tips to Prevent Agitation in Alzheimer’s Dementia
When you’re caring for someone with Alzheimer’s, agitation can be a frustrating and scary symptom to manage. Learn some strategies to prevent it.
- Best and Worst Cosmetics Ingredients for Eczema: 6 to Love, 4 to Leave
Not all skin care products are created equal. Learn which ones to love and which ones to leave.
- 8 Surprising Ways Lupus Can Affect Your Eyes and Your Eyesight
You may know about the effects of lupus on your heart, joints, and kidneys, but this autoimmune disease can affect your eyes and vision, too. Learn how.
- Lupus Medications: How to Manage the Side Effects
Medicine is a key part of your lupus treatment, but it can come with side effects. Learn how to manage them.
- Tips to Prevent RSV in Your Infant at Home
Most babies get RSV at least once by the time they're 2 years old. There are things you can do to keep your child from getting it. Learn prevention tips.
- Healthcare Budgeting in Retirement
Health care can add up to one of your biggest monthly expenses during retirement. Try these tips to cut your out-of-pocket costs.
- Celebrities Who Have Lupus
Lupus can affect anyone – including celebrities. Find out who else is living with the chronic disease.
- Managing Ulcerative Colitis Pain
Pain is common when you have ulcerative colitis. Learn different ways to manage it.
- Tips for Better Sleep During a Crohn’s Flare-Up
It’s common for people with IBD to struggle with sleep. Try these tips to get the rest you need.
- Travel Tips When You Have Ulcerative Colitis
You shouldn’t have to stay home with UC. Get travel-savvy with these tips.
- Malnutrition and UC: What to Know
Ulcerative colitis can strip your body of essential nutrients. Learn what can cause malnutrition in UC and how to help prevent it.
- Tips to Manage MS Fatigue
About 4 out of 5 people with MS deal with fatigue as a symptom. Learn tools and tricks for managing your energy.
- What to Know When Considering Surgery for RA
When do you need surgery for RA? Learn the different options available for treating the condition.
- Self-Care With Menopause and Vasomotor Symptoms
Menopause can bring on hot flashes and night sweats, sending your personal thermometer through the roof. Learn self-care tips to stop the heat wave.
- Ulcerative Colitis Treatment: What’s New and Next?
Not all treatments for UC work for everyone. That’s why research is always underway to develop new treatments to better meet every patient’s needs.
- Natural Remedies to Prevent and Soothe Ulcerative Colitis Flares
Besides prescription and over-the-counter medications, are there natural ways to prevent and soothe UC flares?
- Special Diets for Ulcerative Colitis
No diet can cure ulcerative colitis or put you in remission, but some diets may help relieve symptoms, reduce inflammation, or help your medications work a little better.
- AFib for Beginners
Recently diagnosed with AFib? Learn what it is, what symptoms to look for, treatment options, what to expect, and more.
- Life with a J-Pouch: What to Expect and How to Manage
Life with a J-pouch will take adjustment. Learn what to expect and how to manage.
- A Guide to Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)
Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) is a type of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). Get the facts on this severe form of fatty liver disease.
- Assistive Devices for Wet AMD
Learn about the many options, both low- and high-tech, that can help you manage vision changes and keep doing the activities you enjoy.
- Range of Motion Exercises for RA
When you have RA, putting your joints through their full range of motion routinely will help beat stiffness and maintain flexibility. Try these exercises.
- How to Get the Most From Your Plaque Psoriasis Topicals
Topical plaque psoriasis treatments can be an effective way to get clearer skin, but you have to use them the right way to get results. Here’s how.
- Ablation: What You Should Know
What should you expect with a cardiac ablation? Find out how to prepare, how it’s done, recovery times, results, and more.
- AFib and Anxiety: Management Tips and Knowing the Difference
Are anxiety and AFib related? Learn about the link, and how to manage symptoms of both.
- Managing an AFib Attack at Home
At-home methods such as coughing, abdominal pressure, deep breathing, or the Valsalva maneuver may help slow your heart rate when you have an AFib episode.
- Help Your Child Adjust to Glasses or Contacts
Getting a new pair of glasses or contact lenses can be a big adjustment for kids. Here are some ways you can help them get used to the change
- Advances in AFib Treatment and Prevention
Treatments for atrial fibrillation are constantly advancing. Learn what’s new in research, treatment, and prevention.
- Beyond Joint Pain: RA Tips for Managing Everything Else
RA is about more than just joint pain. Learn about the challenges RA might throw your way and how to handle them.