Who should not take Propranolol HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- low blood sugar
- myasthenia gravis, a skeletal muscle disorder
- a disease with shrinking and weaker muscles called myopathy
- complete heart block
- second degree atrioventricular heart block
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome
- sick sinus syndrome
- sinus bradycardia
- sudden and serious symptoms of heart failure called acute decompensated heart failure
- Raynaud's phenomenon, a condition where blood vessels constrict too much with coldness or stress
- chronic bronchitis
- worsening of debilitating chronic lung disease called COPD
- liver problems
- decreased kidney function
- blood circulation failure due to serious heart condition
- tobacco smoking
- cerebrovascular anomaly associated with PHACE syndrome
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
Are you currently using Propranolol HCL?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.