IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Stuart Paton / Photodisc / Getty Images
(2) Ryan McVay / Photodisc / Photolibrary
(4) Jonathan Nourok / Stone / Getty Images
(5) Steve Percival / Photo Researchers Inc
(6) Plush Studios / Riser / Getty Images
(7) Nancy R. Cohen / Photodisc / Getty Images
(8) Kate Payton / iStockphoto
(9) DTP / Stone / Getty Images
(10) Image Source / Photolibrary
(11) Dr. P. Marazzi / Photo Researchers Inc.
(12) Copyright © BSIP / Phototake -- All rights reserved.
(13) Jose Luis Pelaez Inc / Getty Images
(14) Maria Teijeiro / Photodisc / Photolibrary
(15) Digital Vision / Photolibrary
(16) Jose Luis Pelaez / Iconica / Getty Images
(17) Xavier Bonghi / The Image Bank / Getty Images
Azarbad, L. Psychiatric Clinics of North America, June 2010.
Daubenmier, J. Journal of Obesity, 2011.
Deshmukh, R. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine, July 2003.
Edelman, A. Human Reproduction, February 2011.
Hospital for Special Surgery: "How to Reduce Corticosteroid Side Effects."
Johns Hopkins Medicine: "Prescription Drugs that Cause Weight Gain."
Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center: “Prednisone.”
Knutson, K. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, July 2008.
Leproult, R. Endocrine Development, 2010.
Medscape: "The Impact on Sleep Deprivation on Hormones and Metabolism."
National Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases Information Service, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases: "Hypothyroidism," "Cushing’s Syndrome."
National Institute of Mental Health: "Depression," "Mental Health Medications."
Rosenberg, M. Contraception, December 1998.
Weight-control Information Network, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases: "You Can Control Your Weight As You Quit."
WomensHealth.gov: "Menopause," "Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) fact sheet."