Who should not take BENZTROPINE MESYLATE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- intestine infection due to the Shigella bacteria
- diarrhea from an infection with Clostridium difficile bacteria
- tardive dyskinesia, a disorder characterized by involuntary movements of the face, mouth and tongue
- autonomic neuropathy
- myasthenia gravis, a skeletal muscle disorder
- wide-angle glaucoma
- closed angle glaucoma
- high blood pressure
- coronary artery disease
- abnormal heart rhythm
- chronic heart failure
- low blood pressure
- achalasia of esophagus, a condition that makes swallowing difficult
- gastroesophageal reflux disease
- a stomach ulcer
- hiatal hernia
- ulcerative colitis, an inflammatory condition of the intestines
- severe ulcerative colitis
- toxic megacolon
- paralysis of the intestines
- blockage of the stomach or intestine
- atony of colon
- liver problems
- decreased kidney function
- enlarged prostate
- difficult or painful urination
- an inability to completely empty the bladder
- obstruction of any part of the urinary tract
- shock caused by significant blood loss
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Cogentin oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.