Who should not take Prasugrel HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- operation on the spine
- an increased risk of bleeding
- bleeding within the skull
- a transient ischemic attack, a type of stroke that lasts only a few minutes
- a stroke
- thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, a type of blood disorder
- an ulcer from too much stomach acid
- bleeding of the stomach or intestines
- recent operation
- major traumatic injury
- coronary artery bypass graft procedure
- procedure to place indwelling epidural catheter
- neuraxial anesthesia, local anesthesia injected in the epidural space or subarachnoid space
- deep peripheral nerve block
- deep plexus block
- cerebral amyloid angiopathy
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Prasugrel HCL?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.