Who should not take Metoclopramide HCl Vial?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a high prolactin level
- deficiency of the blood enzyme cytochrome b5 reductase
- suicidal thoughts
- a type of movement disorder called parkinsonism
- tardive dyskinesia, a disorder characterized by involuntary movements of the face, mouth and tongue
- neuroleptic malignant syndrome, a reaction characterized by fever, muscle rigidity and confusion
- high blood pressure
- chronic heart failure
- mechanical intestinal obstruction
- surgical joining of two parts of the intestine
- hardening of the liver
- liver problems
- bleeding of the stomach or intestines
- visible water retention
- a rupture in the wall of the stomach or intestine
- high levels of a hormone called aldosterone which regulates salt and water in the blood
- CYP2D6 poor metabolizer
- abnormal muscle movements
- chronic kidney disease stage 3A (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Metoclopramide HCl Vial?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.